Volunteers have been at the heart of Golf New Brunswick (Golf NB) since its founding.
As a volunteer, you are part of a team of volunteers and staff working together to enable Golf NB to achieve its goals. Your contribution, dedication and commitment are vital to our growth. Each volunteer opportunity contributes an important part to the organization as a whole and allows Golf NB to provide the services we do to help the game of golf prosper.
- Giving back to the game of golf – working at premier amateur golf events
- Socializing with a vibrant network of golfers and clubs
- Staff support
- Training and recognition
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY – JR. GOLF DEVELOPMENT CHAIR
Golf New Brunswick is seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as the Junior Golf Development Chair. As the Junior Golf Development Chair, you will play a crucial role in nurturing and growing the next generation of golf enthusiasts in New Brunswick. You will be responsible for designing and implementing junior golf programs, organizing events, and providing mentorship to young golfers. Your role will foster a positive, inclusive environment that encourages skill development, sportsmanship, and a lifelong love for the game. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the future of golf in New Brunswick and make a meaningful impact on young athletes’ lives. If you are a dynamic and driven individual with a passion for golf and youth development, we invite you to apply and be part of our mission to promote golf excellence at the grassroots and competitive levels.
- Develop and oversee junior golf programs and initiatives.
- Organize and manage junior golf tournaments and events.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior golfers.
- Collaborate with local golf clubs, schools, and communities to promote junior golf.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of junior golfers.
- Foster a safe, fun, and inclusive learning environment.
- Maintain records and data related to junior golf programs.
- Stay current with golf industry trends and junior development best practices.
- Assist in fundraising efforts to support junior golf initiatives.
- Passion for golf and a strong understanding of the game.
- Previous experience in coaching or mentoring junior golfers is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and planning abilities.
- Knowledge of golf rules and etiquette.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
- Valid driver’s license and access to transportation (some travel may be required).
- Background check may be required.
If you are ready to inspire the next generation of golfers and help shape the future of the sport in New Brunswick, we encourage you to apply for the Junior Development Golf Chair position. Join us in our mission to make golf accessible and enjoyable for all, while fostering the growth of young talent. Golf New Brunswick is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds. Apply today and be part of a team dedicated to driving golf excellence in New Brunswick.
Interested applicants are asked to send their resume and a one page letter of intent as to why you are best fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a brief description of volunteer opportunities with Golf NB.
Director: The Board of Directors are the representatives of the members, elected to develop and oversee the implementation of policies necessary to safeguard and advance the interest and purposes of the organization.
Committee Member: Members of permanent committees that represent, and are accountable to the Board for major functional areas or resource management activities of the organization.
Course Raters: Are part of a course rating team that evaluates courses in accordance with the course rating system. The course rating system is an integral part of the Golf Canada Handicap System and the National Score Centre.
Pace of Play Official: Works with the Lead Referee to monitor the Golf NB Pace of Play.
Tournament Course Marking: Assists with marking the host course in accordance with the rules of golf.
Tournament Referee: In charge of all matters pertaining to the Rules of Golf during the course of a tournament.
Tournament Starter: Oversees the first tee activities at a tournament, assuring that all procedures and announcements are performed in accordance with the Tournament Manual.
If you have any questions regarding volunteering for Golf NB and how you can get involved, please contact email@example.com.