Atlantic Golf Championships
Atlantic Golf Championships – Tournament Information Page
1) Team NB Selections Guidelines
Player exemptions for the Atlantic Golf Championships will be determined by using the final Player of the Year Points standings as accumulated in the year preceding the championships.
2) General Information & Guidelines
The Atlantic Golf Championships is made up of 20 player teams, from each Atlantic province, equally distributed between men and women and spread out over eight (8) age defined divisions. The age definitions for each division are as follows;
|Division||Years of Age|
|Amateur Male (3 Players)||0 to 39|
|Amateur Female (3 Players)||0 to 39|
|Mid-Master Male (3 Players)||40 to 54|
|Mid-Master Female (3 Players)||40 to 49|
|Senior Male (3 Players)||55+|
|Senior Female (3 Players)||50+|
|Super Senior Male (1 Player)||65+|
|Super Senior Female (1 Player)||60+|
3) Player Eligibility
As divisions are age specific, players will only be eligible to participate in the division for which they are age appropriate.
Eligible players will be invited to participate using the following set of guidelines;
a) Age as of the Prior Year
Players will be invited to participate in the age category for which they most closely identify, in the year preceding the competition, based on the age breakdowns in Section 2.a.
Players who transition from one age division to another following the closure of the selection cycle will only be eligible to compete in the division in which they began the selection cycle.
b) Player of the Year Standings
Players will be invited to participate based on the previous year’s final player of the year standings in the NB Men’s, Senior Men’s and Ladies Player of the Year Challenges, with those players earning the highest number of POY points, in their age / gender specific POY Challenge, having the first right of refusal. If a player declines their invitation to play in the competition, his/her position will be offered to the next person on the final player of the year standings and so on until all positions are filled.
c) Eligible Players from Older Age Divisions
Should Golf NB have difficulty filling a given division with age appropriate athletes, then athletes from an older age division may be considered to fill any available position(s).
d) Past Support of Golf NB / Golf Canada
Should it prove difficult to finalize any division using the parameters as listed above, search parameters and selection criteria may be expanded to include players, or individuals, who have demonstrated the requisite golfing ability along with past support of Golf NB / Golf Canada and / or their home club(s).
4) Alterations to the Selection Process
Golf NB reserves the right to change or alter the selection criteria as required due to changes to event structure, date changes or other unexpected circumstances. Any changes to the selection criteria will be publicized on the Golf NB website.
5) Confirmation Deadline
To expedite the selection process, players will be asked to confirm their interest in representing New Brunswick at the Atlantic Golf Championships, at a date to be determined by the selection committee and communicated to qualifying participants. Players who have not confirmed their desire to represent the province by the confirmation date, or who have indicated that they do not wish to participate, at the Atlantic Golf Championships will be removed from consideration and will see the exemption awarded to the next available participant.
6) Team NB
The Following Players have been confirmed as members of Team NB for the 2021 Atlantic Golf Championships.
Men’s Amateur Division
1. Eric Michaud – Memramcook Valley Golf Club
2. Tyler Crouch – Royal Oaks Golf Club
3. Jeff Glendenning – Moncton Golf Club
Men’s Mid-Master Division (40+)
1. Stuart Musgrave – Country Meadows Golf Club
2. Greg Jones – Country Meadows Golf Club
3. Jamie Melanson – Fox Creek Golf Club
Men’s Senior Division (55+)
1. Pat Garagan – Fredericton Golf Club
2. Eric Hildebrand – Fredericton Golf Club
3. Patrick Flanagan – Miramichi Golf & Country Club
Men’s Super-Senior (65+)
1. Sonny Phillips – Fredericton Golf Club
Ladies Amateur Division
1. Maureen O’Donnell – Fredericton Golf Club
2. Laura Wesselius – Golf NB Public Player
3. Carol MacQuarrie – Fredericton Golf Club
Ladies Mid-Master Division (40+)
1. Erin Musgrave – Country Meadows Golf Club
2. Shelley Thomas – Royal Oaks Golf Club
3. Charlotte Evans – West Hills Golf Course
Ladies Senior Division (50+)
1. Paula Napke-Flanagan – Miramichi Golf & Country Club
2. Sandy Comeau – Country Meadows Golf Club
3. Leanne Richardson – Country Meadows Golf Club
Ladies Super-Senior Division (60+)
1. Mary Walton-Rossignol – Fredericton Golf Club